2016 Membership Fees Schedule
Membership is now based on a calendar year. The total amount is due in full, semi-annual or quarterly payments. Payment in full is due no later than January 31st of the calendar year. Semi-annual payments are due on January 31 and July 31. Quarterly payments are due January 31, April 30, July 31 and October 31, of the calendar year. Dues may be paid in any of the authorized methods.
Ascending Dues Scale: The applicable percentage of dues is determined based solely on the year of graduation. A member can initiate membership and qualify for the ascending dues schedule at any time during the immediate five years beginning with the graduation year. If a member joins while eligible for the ascending dues schedule, the member is assessed dues using the appropriate percentage as determined by the year of graduation. Members who complete a post-graduate residency immediately following graduation will not begin the ascending dues schedule until the member has completed the residency.
|Year of Graduation||MOA||AOA||TOTAL|
|2016 (through December 31st)||$0.00||$0.00||$0.00|
Special Class – Such membership must be approved by the Board of Directors
Partial Practice – 60% of full dues
Limited to optometrists who practice 16 hours per week or less.
- Affiliate – limited to optometrists who are a member of AOA and an affiliate association.
- Honorary – limited to members who have contributed outstanding aid to the public’s safety or welfare or to the profession of optometry.
- Life – limited to optometrists who have been members of MOA/AOA for over 45 years and are current members in good standing.
- Optometric Educator – limited to members who serve on the faculty at a school of optometry.
- Partial Practice – limited to members who practice 16 hours per week or less.
- Post Graduate – limited to members who are currently engaged in Post Graduate or Residency programs.
- Retired – limited to members who are age 55 and over, no longer engaged in compensated optometrically related activities, and are current members in good standing.
- Student: limited to students currently attending optometry school.