The MOA is working to compile and keep up to date the following list of resources for ODs in Mississippi. Please be sure to monitor local agencies/news sources for information specific to your location. Links and information will be added and updated as they become available. If there’s a resource you’re leaning on that we have not included, please share to the MOA OD ListServ or email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Covid-19 Basic Preventative Measures:
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose
- Cover your coughs and sneezes
- Clean surfaces and objects that are touched regularly
- Stay home if you do become sick
COVID-19 Resources – Mississippi
- The Mississippi Optometric Association recommends that each optometrist follow CDC Guidelines and Mississippi State Board of Optometry guidelines, which are constantly being updated.
- As of March 18, 2020 the CDC has released a recommendation that all routine dental and eye care appointments be postponed. Please review the MS State Board of Optometry proclamation for what that means for your office.
- PCS: How To Keep Your Business in Business during COVID-19 (Correction: On slide 31, we addressed the question of when the eight week spending period for the PPP loan starts. It incorrectly stated it begins when the LENDER is disbursed the money from the SBA. The eight week period actually starts as stated in slide 30 – when the loan originates which means when the BORROWER receives the money. The lender has ten days from the time they receive the money from the SBA to disburse the money.)
- AOA: Multiple webinars covering SBA 7a loans, eFMLA, and more
- MOA: Mental Resilience in a Time of Crisis
American Optometric Association
AOAExcel Resources for AOA Members: Several AOAExcel resources are available to members ranging from supply chain tips to financial resources and are currently included on the AOA’s COVID-19 updates page. Contact AOAExcel with any questions at AOAExcel@aoa.org.
Mississippi State Department of Health: MS State Dept. Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) web page is a very concise page of information regarding the coronavirus including a map of Mississippi indicating where presumptive and confirmed cases of the virus are, and a breakdown of how many cases are in each county.
The Mississippi State Board of Optometry (MSBO): COVID-19 proclamation.
Mississippi Emergency Management Agency (MEMA): Mississippi Emergency Management Agency: Coronavirus Covid-19 Mississippi
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- CDC Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Web page
- CDC requests postponing routine eyecare visits, find more at Resources for Clinics and Healthcare Facilities
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Small Business Association (SBA): Resources from the Small Business Association
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- PRESS RELEASE: SBA to Provide Disaster Assistance Loans for Small Businesses Impacted by Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Governor Reeves requested a disaster declaration from the SBA for Covid-19, which was approved on March 20.
- Applicants may apply online for a small business loan, request more information, or download forms HERE. Applicants may also call SBA’s Customer Service Center at (800) 659-2955 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on SBA disaster assistance. Individuals who are deaf or hard-of-hearing may call (800) 877-8339.
Local and State SBA: Mississippi Small Business Development Center
- Mississippi Small Business Development Center COVID-19 Business Resources
- Coronavirus Tax Relief (IRS)
Federal and State Taxes
- Federal filing and payment deadline extended to July 15. CLICK HERE for information.
- Mississippi filing and payment deadline extended to May 15. CLICK HERE for information.
- The President’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America — 30 Days to Slow the Spread
- MS.gov’s Official Site For COVID-19
- May & Company: Economic Stimulus Bill Interpreted for Small Business Owners
- American Veterinary Medical Association: Summary of HR6201 (Families First Coronavirus Response Act)
- MS Division of Medicaid waivers: https://medicaid.ms.gov/
- MS Dept. Of Insurance initial guidance: https://www.mid.ms.gov/
- Coronavirus Small Business Resource Hub | SCORE
- Public Service Commission prohibition on utility shut off: https://www.msema.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Order-Temporarily-Suspending-Disconnection…-2018-AD-141.pdf
- Dept. of Public Safety Office closings and limits on Driver License services: https://www.dps.ms.gov/node/532
- MS Supreme Court Covid-related declarations: https://courts.ms.gov
- MS Dept of Corrections information: https://www.mdoc.ms.gov/Documents/COVID-19%20Questions%20and%20Answers.pdf
- PSC pushes to suspend online convenience fees: https://www.psc.ms.gov/sites/default/files/2020-03/release_PSCSuspendigConvenienceFees.pdf
- Federal disaster declaration for Mississippi: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/president-donald-j-trump-approves-mississippi-disaster-declaration-6/
- Shelter in Place: https://mailchi.mp/4c76b64f2b5a/governor-tate-reeves-issues-a-statewide-shelter-in-place-to-protect-public-health?e=5c46c3feff
- Essential Services Exempted: Here is a link to the executive order that is referenced in this new order that actually had already outlined essential services: https://www.sos.ms.gov/Pages/Gov–Tate-Reeves-Signs-New-Executive-Order-to-Slow-the-Spread-of-COVID-19.aspx A full listing from the previous order is also below.
- Gubernatorial State of Emergency: https://www.msema.org/news/governor-reeves-declares-state-of-emergency-due-to-covid-19/
- Gov. Reeves speeds unemployment benefits: https://www.sos.ms.gov/Pages/Gov–Reeves-Provides-Unemployment-Benefits-to-Help-Mississippi-Workers-During-COVID-19-Outbreak.aspx
- School Closures until April 17th: https://www.msema.org/news/governor-extends-covid-19-school-closures-until-april-17/
- Guidance for School Leaders: https://www.mdek12.org/COVID19
- Guidance for Parents by Grade Level: https://www.mdek12.org/OAE/OEER/FamilyGuidesEnglish
- Request for US Small Business Administration loans: https://www.msema.org/news/governor-reeves-requests-sba-economic-disaster-declaration-for-covid-19/
- MS Economic Council guidance for businesses: https://msmec.com/coronavirus/