Last Updated: Wednesday March 25
The MOA is working to compile and keep up to date the following list of resources for ODs in Mississippi. Please be sure to monitor local agencies/news sources for information specific to your location. Links and information will be added and updated as they become available. If there’s a resource you’re leaning on that we have not included, please share to the MOA OD ListServ or email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Covid-19 Basic Preventative Measures:
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose
- Cover your coughs and sneezes
- Clean surfaces and objects that are touched regularly
- Stay home if you do become sick
COVID-19 Resources – Mississippi
As of March 18, 2020 the CDC has released a recommendation that all routine dental and eye care appointments be postponed.
Each practitioner will need to review and decide what the CDC guidelines mean for their office. While suspension of non-essential, non-urgent care is recommended, we want to emphasize that at this time offices are not being asked to close completely. Clinics/offices should take steps to remain available for care for those patients needing urgent and/or essential care. This will also be a great benefit to our local hospital emergency rooms.
American Optometric Association
- COVID-19 updates and collaborative recommendations
- AOA Guidance for Optometry Practices – Coronavirus/COVID-19 March 17, 2020
AOAExcel Resources for AOA Members: Several AOAExcel resources are available to members ranging from supply chain tips to financial resources and are currently included on the AOA’s COVID-19 updates page. Contact AOAExcel with any questions at AOAExcel@aoa.org.
Mississippi State Department of Health: MS State Dept. Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) web page is a very concise page of information regarding the coronavirus including a map of Mississippi indicating where presumptive and confirmed cases of the virus are, and a breakdown of how many cases are in each county.
The Mississippi State Board of Optometry (MSBO): COVID-19 proclamation.
Mississippi Emergency Management Agency (MEMA): Mississippi Emergency Management Agency: Coronavirus Covid-19 Mississippi
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- CDC Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Web page
- CDC requests postponing routine eyecare visits, find more at Resources for Clinics and Healthcare Facilities
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Small Business Association (SBA): Resources from the Small Business Association
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- PRESS RELEASE: SBA to Provide Disaster Assistance Loans for Small Businesses Impacted by Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Small business owners in the following designated states are currently eligible to apply for a low-interest loan due to Coronavirus (COVID-19): California, Connecticut, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Rhode Island, Utah, and Washington. Mississippi is currently not listed.
- Governor Reeves requested a disaster declaration from the SBA for Covid-19, which was approved on March 20.
- Applicants may apply online for a small business loan, request more information, or download forms HERE. Applicants may also call SBA’s Customer Service Center at (800) 659-2955 or email email@example.com for more information on SBA disaster assistance. Individuals who are deaf or hard-of-hearing may call (800) 877-8339.
Local and State SBA: Mississippi Small Business Development Center
- Mississippi Small Business Development Center COVID-19 Business Resources
- Coronavirus Tax Relief (IRS)
Federal and State Taxes
- Federal filing and payment deadline extended to July 15. CLICK HERE for information.
- Mississippi filing and payment deadline extended to May 15. CLICK HERE for information.
- The President’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America — 15 Days to Slow the Spread of Coronavirus
- MS.gov’s Official Site For COVID-19
- May & Company: Economic Stimulus Bill Interpreted for Small Business Owners
- American Veterinary Medical Association: Summary of HR6201 (Families First Coronavirus Response Act)
- MS Division of Medicaid waivers: https://medicaid.ms.gov/
- MS Dept. Of Insurance initial guidance: https://www.mid.ms.gov/
- Coronavirus Small Business Resource Hub | SCORE
- Public Service Commission prohibition on utility shut off: https://www.msema.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Order-Temporarily-Suspending-Disconnection…-2018-AD-141.pdf
- Dept. of Public Safety Office closings and limits on Driver License services: https://www.dps.ms.gov/node/532
- MS Supreme Court Covid-related declarations: https://courts.ms.gov
- MS Dept of Corrections information: https://www.mdoc.ms.gov/Documents/COVID-19%20Questions%20and%20Answers.pdf
- Gubernatorial State of Emergency: https://www.msema.org/news/governor-reeves-declares-state-of-emergency-due-to-covid-19/
- School Closures until April 17th: https://www.msema.org/news/governor-extends-covid-19-school-closures-until-april-17/
- Guidance for School Leaders: https://www.mdek12.org/COVID19
- Guidance for Parents by Grade Level: https://www.mdek12.org/OAE/OEER/FamilyGuidesEnglish
- Request for US Small Business Administration loans: https://www.msema.org/news/governor-reeves-requests-sba-economic-disaster-declaration-for-covid-19/
- MS Economic Council guidance for businesses: https://msmec.com/coronavirus/