The MOA is working to compile and keep up to date the following list of resources for ODs in Mississippi. Please be sure to monitor local agencies/news sources for information specific to your location. Links and information will be added and updated as they become available. If there’s a resource you’re leaning on that we have not included, please share to the MOA OD ListServ or email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Covid-19 Basic Preventative Measures:
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose
- Cover your coughs and sneezes
- Clean surfaces and objects that are touched regularly
- Stay home if you do become sick
- Wear a face mask if unable to properly distance
COVID-19 Resources – Mississippi
- The Mississippi Optometric Association recommends that each optometrist follow CDC Guidelines and Mississippi State Board of Optometry guidelines, which are constantly being updated.
- AOA: #AskAOA Webinar Series and more
- MOA: Mental Resilience in a Time of Crisis
American Optometric Association
AOAExcel Resources for AOA Members: Several AOAExcel resources are available to members ranging from supply chain tips to financial resources and are currently included on the AOA’s COVID-19 updates page. Contact AOAExcel with any questions at AOAExcel@aoa.org.
Mississippi State Department of Health: MS State Dept. Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) web page is a very concise page of information regarding the coronavirus including a map of Mississippi indicating where presumptive and confirmed cases of the virus are, and a breakdown of how many cases are in each county.
The Mississippi State Board of Optometry (MSBO): Updated COVID-19 proclamation.
Mississippi Emergency Management Agency (MEMA): Mississippi Emergency Management Agency: Coronavirus Covid-19 Mississippi
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- CDC Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Web page
- Infection Control Guidelines for Healthcare Facilities
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Small Business Association (SBA): Resources from the Small Business Association
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- PRESS RELEASE: SBA to Provide Disaster Assistance Loans for Small Businesses Impacted by Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Governor Reeves requested a disaster declaration from the SBA for Covid-19, which was approved on March 20.
- Applicants may apply online for a small business loan, request more information, or download forms HERE. Applicants may also call SBA’s Customer Service Center at (800) 659-2955 or email email@example.com for more information on SBA disaster assistance. Individuals who are deaf or hard-of-hearing may call (800) 877-8339.
Local and State SBA: Mississippi Small Business Development Center
- Mississippi Small Business Development Center COVID-19 Business Resources
- Coronavirus Tax Relief (IRS)
Federal and State Taxes
- Federal filing and payment deadline extended to July 15. CLICK HERE for information.
- Mississippi filing and payment deadline extended to May 15. CLICK HERE for information.
- The President’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America — 30 Days to Slow the Spread
- MS.gov’s Official Site For COVID-19
- May & Company: Economic Stimulus Bill Interpreted for Small Business Owners
- American Veterinary Medical Association: Summary of HR6201 (Families First Coronavirus Response Act)
- MS Division of Medicaid waivers: https://medicaid.ms.gov/
- MS Dept. Of Insurance initial guidance: https://www.mid.ms.gov/
- Coronavirus Small Business Resource Hub | SCORE
- Public Service Commission prohibition on utility shut off: https://www.msema.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Order-Temporarily-Suspending-Disconnection…-2018-AD-141.pdf
- Dept. of Public Safety Office closings and limits on Driver License services: https://www.dps.ms.gov/node/532
- MS Supreme Court Covid-related declarations: https://courts.ms.gov
- MS Dept of Corrections information: https://www.mdoc.ms.gov/Documents/COVID-19%20Questions%20and%20Answers.pdf
- PSC pushes to suspend online convenience fees: https://www.psc.ms.gov/sites/default/files/2020-03/release_PSCSuspendigConvenienceFees.pdf
- Sept 18 – Executive Order 1522: Extends social distancing measures under the Safe Return order with a few amendments relaxing COVID-19 restrictions. Read the full Executive Order: CLICK HERE
- Guidance for School Leaders: https://www.mdek12.org/COVID19
- Guidance for Parents by Grade Level: https://www.mdek12.org/OAE/OEER/FamilyGuidesEnglish
- MS Economic Council guidance for businesses: https://msmec.com/coronavirus/